Trinity (2-1) at Chapman (0-1)
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Wilson Field at Chapman Stadium
• Chapman University is facing off against Trinity University for the first time in school history. The Panthers will be looking for their first win of the season in their home-opener after starting the season 0-1 in a 48-14 loss to No. 3-ranked Linfield.
• The Tigers are 2-1 this season, coming off a 9-3 win last weekend.
• Junior Jacob Isabel recorded the longest punt return in Chapman football history with a 97-yard return two weeks ago against Linfield. Senior Ethan Weinstein hauled in over 100 receiving yards in his first game on the offensive side of the ball.
• Junior Ricky Bautista completed 8-of-14 passes, tallying 112 yards with a touchdown and an interception in his debut. Senior Miles Ahles recorded an interception that would lead to a Chapman touchdown just six plays later.
• Trinity linebacker Damiyon Harris was named the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Week after his performance against Pacific Lutheran last weekend. Harris had a game-high 14 tackles, six of those coming as solo tackles.
• Trinity displays a strong defense, ranking No. 23 in the nation in turnover margin and No. 83 in total defense.
• Chapman is ranked No. 24 in the nation for punt returns after Bautista's historic 97-yard return against Linfield.
by Katie Bell & Steven Olveda
Sports Information Intern & Sports Information Director