Nov 10, 2016
Ocidental (1-7, 1-5 SCIAC) at Chapman (4-4, 3-3 SCIAC)
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Wilson Field at Chapman Stadium
- The Chapman University football team is looking to get its fifth win of the season and end the season above .500. The Panthers are coming off a 17-6 road loss against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps this past weekend.
- The Panthers are facing off against Occidental (1-7 overall and 1-5 in SCIAC) in their final game of the season. Chapman is 9-9 overall against the Tigers, and the last time these two teams faced off the Panthers fell 35-27 at Occidental.
- Chapman will honor all of its seniors, playing in their final games prior to kickoff.
- Occidental is also coming off a road loss against Cal Lutheran, where they put up 36 points but still fell 53-36. Senior quarterback Bryan Scott went 31-for-52 and threw for 400 yards. Two Tigers received for over 100 yards, with senior Cordell Harris tallying 122 and junior Isaiah Amaechi recording 109 yards.
- Occidental is No. 1 in the SCIAC in total offense with 3,968 total yards, but is last in scoring defense. The Tigers have given up 49 points per game this year.
- The Panthers are 2-1 at home this season going into their senior game. Chapman has outscored their opponents 49-24 in home wins this year, and 110-46 in their four total wins this season.
- Junior kicker Lucas Alfonso scored all six points in the Panther's loss at Claremont-Mudd-Scripps, recording a long kick of 38 yards. Wide receiver Jacob Isabel returned two kickoffs for a total of 112 yards, including a 92 yard return that set up Alfonso's first field goal.
- Senior Eddie Lee Favors recorded a career-high 14 tackles against the Stags. Seniors Devin Ray and Miles Ahles were right behind Favors on the defensive end with 10 and nine tackles, respectively. Senior Lorenzo Marks also picked off the first interception of his career.