La Verne (1-4, 1-2 SCIAC) at Chapman (2-3, 1-2 SCIAC)
Saturday, Ocober 22, 2016
Wilson Field at Chapman Stadium
• The Chapman University football team is coming off their second SCIAC win of the season against the University of La Verne. The Panthers had their most dominant defensive performance of the season in a 30-7 win.
• The Panthers face off against California Lutheran on Saturday, which is 3-3 overall and 3-1 in conference. The last time these two teams faced off, Chapman won 49-21.
• Chapman is 8-13 against Cal Lutheran over program history but the Panthers have won the last three consecutive games against the Kingsmen. Chapman is coming off the win over La Verne while Cal Lutheran has won its last two games by a combined score of 68-9.
• After throwing five interceptions against Pomona-Pitzer, Chapman has not given up an interception in their last three games. Chapman is 2-1 over that span. In the last three games, Chapman quarterbacks have completed 71.6 percent of their passes and have thrown for four TDs.
• Panther kicker Lucas Alfonso has made his last five field goals in a row. Chapman leads Cal Lutheran in field goal percentage and ranks second overall in SCIAC.
• This week's matchup features two of the best teams in the SCIAC in getting to the quarterback. Cal Lutheran leads the SCIAC with 22 sacks and Chapman is right behind them with 18. After his SCIAC Athlete of the Week performance last week, Chapman's Ben Wadors leads the SCIAC with 5.5 sacks. The Kingsmen's Tyler Hood and DeJon Rothschild rank second and third with 5 and 4.5 sacks, respectively.